Re: fetch segfaults on certain postings

Greg Weeks <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > nachtfalke@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > > I had no problems with leafnode so far, but a few days ago, fetch
> > > segfaulted when trying to post a message. I deleted the message in
> > > out.going, and everything went OK. Then today, I had the same
> > > scenario.
> >
> > Try the patch from
> > 	http://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/~krasel/patch_for_1.8.1.txt
>
> I've also seen fetch segfault and I have the patch applied. It seems to be
> related to mutliple upstream servers. I've now changed to a single server
> to fetch from and haven't seen the segfault in a couple of days. I haven't
> had time to actually dig into it though.

If you got the patch before Feb 2nd, it alleviated the problem, but
did not cure it thoroughly. Look in your artutil.c file for lines
like the following:

            r = critrealloc( headers[hdr],
                             strlen( headers[hdr] ) + strlen( q ) + 1,

There should be two occurances of these in getheader(). Change the
1 in both sums to a 2, recompile, and you should be set. Thanks to
Michael Schwendt <schwendt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for finding this.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */