Re: Not downloading newgroups....

Christopher Anders wrote:

> I am interested in blocking certain newsgroups from access with
> leafnode. Is there a way to do this?

No. The reasoning behind this is very simple: any user on your box
is able to access newsgroups on "open" servers; it therefore makes
IMO no sense to block access to certain newsgroups, because the user
can (with some more hassle) access them anyway.

If you absolutely insist, you can block access to newsgroups by removing
them manually from /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo .

> Also is there a way to have the news server authenticate the user,
> either by using /etc/passwd or another file?

No. Leafnode does not perform authentication of any kind.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */