Re: Huge numbers of slow, spurious discards ...

Greg Weeks wrote:

> Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>
> > I'm using leafnode-1.9.2, and now I'm getting huge quantities of slow,
> > spurious discards when `fetch' is running.

[log snipped]

> I think I can explain what happened.

[explanation also snipped]

> I'm not saying this is definitely what's going on.

You are entirely correct. To avoid leafnode checking the age for each
message, use the "initialfetch" parameter in the config file. Unfortunately,
this remedies the problem only partially, since a group will not be
recognized as new if you have fetched it already from another server.
You might consider setting "maxfetch" to an appropriate value only for
the first run, but this is not entirely satisfying either :-(

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */