Re: fetch: connection to upstream server fails

> > > Trying 194.64.25.22...
> > > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network unreachable
> >                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Your newsserver doesn't exist or there's something wrong with your network
> > configuration. This in not a leafnode problem.
>
> If something is wrong with my configuration then how do I send
> this mail?

Easy. You don't need a newsserver to send email.

> Header confirms that it's sent from Linux. And
> newsserver exists cause I just d'led news with Outlook from
> news.frankfurt.netsurf.de

But you can't use a Linux newsreader on your machine, can you?

Try "route add 194.64.25.22" ;-)

or post the output from ifconfig and route. But it's still not a leafnode
problem.

-Michael

p.s. you didn't install a firewall on your machine, did you?