Re: starting fetch with su1/sudo can this mess up the news system ?

Malte Gell wrote:

> i want to start fetch with a sudo-like program in the future. But it
> will start fetch as user root not news.

No prob. fetch will attempt to set its uid and gid to "news" (i.e. it
drops its root privileges). If this does not work, it will abort. File
ownerships will be set properly.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */