When does Leafnode decide to skip newsgroups?

Hi all

I'm experiencing a problem with Leafnode 1.9.2 - it unsubscribes me from
newsgroups when it shouldn't. I've had the same problem with pervious
versions, too, but I'm not sure if the cause was the same. I'd been hoping
that 1.9.2 would cure the problem, but apparently it hasn't. But it could
be due to a configuration error on my part, too, of course.

Anyhow, here's my setup: I've got two Windows machines reading news with
Forte Free Agent from my Linux gateway running Leafnode 1.9.2. I use two
news servers, my ISP's and the free news server at news.cis.dfn.de. The
former is rather bad, but my connection to it is faster and it holds some
'local' newsgroups, so I prefer to have it queried before the server in
Berlin.

The last time I ran fetch was on 26th March and it behaved normally. This
noon, 28th March, it connected to my primary news server and posted
normally. Then it told me it was skipping virtually all the newsgroups I'm
subscribed to, all those with articles in them, in fact. It proceeded to
connect to the supplementary server and post all my articles, but then just
disconnected without downloading any articles.
/var/spool/news/interesting.groups did not contain the newsgroups skipped
anymore after fetch exited.

Why did it do that, i.e. why did fetch decide to skip my newsgroups all of
a sudden? It wouldn't resubscribe them either, i.e. touch the corresponding
files in /var/spool/news/interesting.groups, when I told Free Agent to
check for new messages.

I 'fixed' the situation manually by touching the files in
/var/spool/news/interesting.groups and chown'ing them to news.news, but I
don't want to have to do that every few weeks..

Any ideas anyone? Cornelius? :)

Tobias
--
Tobias Reckhard (jester)