Fetch does not fetch articles

Hello,
I'm a newbie and I've a problem with leafnode.
It's configurated and it fatches the groupinfo file but no articles.
I use Tin for reading news. I subscribed a few newsgroups and tried to read
them, then I left Tin to fetch the subscribed newsgroups but fetch does not
fetch any articles, it only says:

 1.7.1: verbosity level is 4
 Read active groups every 90 days
 Unsubscribe unread groups after 7 days
 Unsubscribe groups that have been read once after 2 days
 Trying to connect to news.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de ... connected.
 LIST ACTIVE done 80073 seconds ago, issuing NEWGROUPS
 Read server info from /var/spool/news/leaf.node/news.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
 Disconnected from news.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de.

I tried the troubleshooting solutions from the README file but it still
does not work.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks,
Martin