[leafnode-list] Administrativa

I'll be away from here between next monday (approx.) and May 22nd (also
approx.). Now, I believe that Linux is a stable system, but we will have
an announced power outage on the next weekend (i.e. around May 7th), and
I am not sure whether my colleagues will manage to reboot my computer
correctly. If wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de does not respond, just consider
the list dead for the time being :-)

Current status of leafnode development (always talking about 1.10b2,
if not mentioned otherwise):

- filterutil.l doesn't compile on SCO (problems with the flex-generated C
  file). I have no idea about flex (Lloyd Zusman wrote the parser),
  therefore I am at a loss what to do. The only thing I can think
  of is to not use the flex source code but the C source code instead.
  That is, unpack the archive, remove filterutil.l and run make.
- There is a bug in rfctime(). Reported by Sven Paulus on
  de.comm.software.newsserver. Should be easy to fix.
- Arne Coucheron, who apparently maintains the redhat rpm for leafnode,
  reports crashes of fetch with certain messages. I could not reproduce
  this with the same messages. Arne uses egcs, I use gcc. I have no idea
  whether this might be the reason for the fault.
- delay of headers apparently does not work any more. I have not looked
  into this yet. Maybe I'll have to go back to the 1.9.2 code for this.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */