Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode.org

Jeff Robinson wrote:

> well let me ask a few questions about leafnode.org
>
> 1 do you have your own ip for the site or is  the site hosted on the schools
> computer

It's my computer, but it uses the university's IP and networking system
since it is located in the institute (therefore I have a permanent
ethernet connection).

> now on another note i did a crontab -u news -e and added this
> 30 * * * * /usr/local/sbin/ fetch <== which should run fetch every 30 mins
                             ^?
> 0 4 * * * /usr/local/sbin/texpire <== which runs textpire everynight at 4 am

Looks good to me. Are other programs executed from this crontab? (An
easy way of checking is to add

# This touches a filename in the tmp directory so that you can see cron is
# working if the timestamp is current. Comment it out if it bugs you. :^)
0 * * * *       touch /tmp/checkcron

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */