Re: [leafnode-list] Resetting leafnote to "clean" state?

On 28 May, Mark Harrison wrote:
> I saw an odd thing several days ago... when I ran fetch, it
> printed messages for each of the newsgroups, saying something
> like "message numbers on server are not in range".
> (I stupidly let everything scroll off the screen before I
> could capture the messages.)
>
> Now it seems that fetch considers all the new messages on
> the server to be old messages, and does not retrieve them.
>
> How can I reset leafnode to a state where it will re-download
> everything, both old and new?

I've had something similar.  It generally is triggered when my ISP
mass-kills about a million messages on their news server, and it resets
the message pointers (They never explained why this happens).

But to clear everything up, you will want to edit
leaf.node/news.[server.name.goes.here] and replace the number at the end
of each line with 0 or 1 (pick your favorite).

--
 | |/  | | | _ | | | mailto:kwalker@xxxxxxxx               |