[leafnode-list] leafnode doesn't post

I just set up leafnode 1.9.2 on my redhat 5.2 LINUX system, and it
seems to be reading fine, but I haven't managed to make it post yet.
The messages are sitting in the /var/spool/news/out.going directory.

Even with fetch -vvvv, fetch doesn't say anything about even trying to
post them.

I have all the debugging I can think of enabled, and the only related
error I can find is in /var/log/messages:

May 30 15:53:33 serpent fetch[14285]: unable to open lockfile: 2 No such file or
 directory

I assume this means that something doesn't have the right
permissions or isn't installed right.  Can anyone clue me in about
what?

Thanks,
--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )