Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode doesn't post

lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just set up leafnode 1.9.2 on my redhat 5.2 LINUX system, and it
> seems to be reading fine, but I haven't managed to make it post yet.
> The messages are sitting in the /var/spool/news/out.going directory.

As you suspect yourself, it might have something to do with permissions.

My guess would be that it is the permissions or ownership of the files
in out.going. This because if it was the permissions of the directories,
you should see am error message.

Of course I don't have an example here right now but owner should be
news:news, and the owner should be allowed to read the files.

> I have all the debugging I can think of enabled, and the only related
> error I can find is in /var/log/messages:
>
> May 30 15:53:33 serpent fetch[14285]: unable to open lockfile: 2 No such file
> or directory

This has nothing to do with the problem but is a cosmetical glitch of 1.9.2.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */