Re: [leafnode-list] Differences between Leafnode and Leafnode+

[...]
>- leafnode has problems with some NNTP clients. Don't know about
>  leafnode+. (If your newsreader has problems with leafnode, please
>  send me email, detailing which reader you use.)

trn/strn won't post to leafnode. I've used trn v3.6 (20 Nov 1994), configured
for NNTP. I forget the exact problem, but I think I've posted here about it
before.

[...]
>I also
>received a patch by Remi Guyomarch which should increase the speed of
>downloading the active file dramatically (from almost an hour down to
>about five minutes), although only for the first run.

Impressive. How does it manage that?

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ Everything is controlled by a small evil
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+