Re: [leafnode-list] Differences between Leafnode and Leafnode+

Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 05:32:43PM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > - leafnode+ comes with a configuration tool.
>
> Exactly how much does it configure?

This is not completely clear to me, since there is no documentation.
>From the source code:

static void usage(void)
{
    fprintf(stderr, "Usage: leaftool [-hviu] [-rl <msg-id>...]\n"
            "  -h: show this usage\n"
            "  -v: more verbose (may be repeated)\n"
            "  -i: collect news group information via NNTP\n"
            "  -u: correct actives by checking all articles\n"
            "  -r: remove all articles containing message-id\n"
            "  -l: make a list of articles containing message-id "
            "(conflicts with -r)\n");
    exit(1);
}

I would assume that "leaftool -iu" is roughly equivalent to "fetch -f",
and "leaftool -r" roughly equivalent to "applyfilter" with a message id
in the filter file. I don't see any obvious use of "leaftool -l".

> There is a simple setup script in the Debian package for Leafnode which
> sets the user up with a default server and (if they want) tcpd.

Maybe one should include something similar in the general leafnode
distribution. I have been thinking quite frequently of a "make test"
command that tests whether leafnode has been installed properly and
points out potential problems. I have so far nothing written in that
area, though.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */