Re: [leafnode-list] Problems expiring

Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:

>     Cornelius> Some of this is also explained in the documentation to
>     Cornelius> leafnode (in the README file, section TROUBLESHOOTING,
>     Cornelius> problem "texpire does not expire articles".
>
> I've read that section. It says run texpire -f.
> Been there, done that. So to speak.
>
> Doesn't help bleeding muchly.
> I've still got a single message from May 24th although
> the group expire parameter is set to five days.

That is entirely possible since texpire expires threads (or at least tries
to - it only works a few layers deep), instead of expiring articles. For
example, the oldest article I have here in a certain newsgroup with high
traffic is from May 10th (expiry time is 14 days).

So what? If space is a problem, reduce the expire parameter and re-run
texpire -f (as explained in the TROUBLESHOOTING section referred to above).

If you want a non-threading expire, you can probably use find anyway :-/
(Disclaimer: I have not tried this.)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */