Re: [leafnode-list] Problems expiring

    >> <krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
    Cornelius> Some of this is also explained in the documentation to
    Cornelius> leafnode (in the README file, section TROUBLESHOOTING,
    Cornelius> problem "texpire does not expire articles".
    >>  I've read that section. It says run texpire -f.  Been there,
    >> done that. So to speak.
    >>
    >> Doesn't help bleeding muchly.  I've still got a single message
    >> from May 24th although the group expire parameter is set to
    >> five days.

    Cornelius> That is entirely possible since texpire expires threads
    Cornelius> (or at least tries to - it only works a few layers
    Cornelius> deep), instead of expiring articles.

It is a single message thread. Unread. (Or do I misunderstand the use
of the word thread?)

    Cornelius> So what? If space is a problem, reduce the expire
    Cornelius> parameter and re-run texpire -f (as explained in the
    Cornelius> TROUBLESHOOTING section referred to above).

I've read that and done that already. It's still there.

    Cornelius> If you want a non-threading expire, you can probably
    Cornelius> use find anyway :-/ (Disclaimer: I have not tried
    Cornelius> this.)

No it not a problem yet. But it is irritating that it doesn't delete
a single message thread that is 1 1/2 months old when the limit for
this group is set to 5 days ...

M.

--
Martin Skjöldebrand