[leafnode-list] (no subject)

I dare say someone has done this before, but I've written a little
perl script which reads articles from low-traffic newsgroups to
prevent leafnode thinking their inactive.

The problem I had was that my ISPs .service.status newsgroup has only
one or two postings a month normally, so leafnode sees that I don't
read it and and stops downloading it.

My script can be run from cron to read an article in such groups so
that leafnode sees that some one is still interested in it.

It can be downloaded from my web page at
	http://www.minusen.force9.co.uk/utilities/

Please let me know what you think.

Jim