Re: [leafnode-list] (no subject)

"Daniel F. Fraga" <chapolin@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On 18-Jun-99 Jim Nicholson wrote:
> > I dare say someone has done this before, but I've written a little
> > perl script which reads articles from low-traffic newsgroups to
> > prevent leafnode thinking their inactive.
> >
> > The problem I had was that my ISPs .service.status newsgroup has only
> > one or two postings a month normally, so leafnode sees that I don't
> > read it and and stops downloading it.
>
>         Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn4t it be solved using the fetch4s (-n(
> parameter? According the manpage:
>
>        -n     Don't unlink files in the interesting.groups direc-
>               tory. This avoids automatic unsubscription of news-
>               groups.
>
>         Or I misunderstood your problem? Bye!

I think so.  We want it to go ahead and unsubscribe REALLY
uninteresting groups, it's just that the way leafnode currently
decides that a group is uninteresting doesn't quite work the way we
want it to, so we are helping it out.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097