Re: [leafnode-list] can someone explain the "free( q )" patch?

Jeff 'Sticky Hands' East wrote:

> 	I prefer to use Pine for my mail/news, and was fine with leafnode
> versions 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6.2.  Version 1.9.X gave me those "connection
> broken" messages until I removed those two lines about 'free( q )' in
> nntp.c.
>
> 	Can someone explain what these two lines do in terms of the nntpd
> behaviour and what my client is expecting from it?

If the client requests an article by message ID these two lines lead
to an attempt of improperly freeing memory. They are simply superfluous;
removing them will not in any way impair the functionality of the
nntpd.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */