Re: [leafnode-list] access via message-id

In article <376D833F.BeroList-2.5.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
: Michael Faurot wrote:

:> I've run into a problem using Leafnode with the commercial provider
:> Remarq (aka Supernews).  They have deliberately disabled access via
:> message-id to the NNTP "head" and "body" commands.  They claim this
:> was done for performance and scaling reasons.

: I seem to recall :-) that leafnode usually accesses articles via its
: article numbers, not via message ids. Therefore I suppose the problem
: has a different origin.

The problem lies with the fetch program.  I'm not much a C programmer,
however If I'm not mistaken, this is where access via message-id is
happening . . .

    /* check whether we can retrieve the body */
    if ( verbose > 2 )
        printf( "%s: BODY %s\n", group->name, messageid );
    sprintf( lineout, "BODY %s\r\n", messageid );
    putaline();

This was from the source for v1.9.  I know Leafnode, as a whole, has
had several revisions since then.  Has this methodology changed?