Re: [leafnode-list] scripts to keep groups coming (was: (no subject))

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> Tim McDaniel wrote:
>
> > Looks like this is a Frequently Useful Task.  C., want to
> > put a script into the distribution to do this sort of thing,
> > or maybe a "use_newsrc =" option into the config file, or something?
>
> Sounds like a Good Idea (tm). Format of .newsrc is normally lots of
> lines of the form
>
> news.group.name: numbers of articles read
>
> isn't it? (At least that is how .newsrc looks for my tin.)

The relevant point for this exercise is that the group name is
followed by a colon if the group is subscribed, and by an ! if it is
unsubscribed.  (At least in gnus, but I think in things like rn and
tin as well.)

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097 , fax: (801) 365-6574