Re: [leafnode-list] default leafnode message in newsgroup

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Cornelius Krasel was heard blurting out:

> Enrico Luciano wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >         I want to change the welcome/default message that leafnode
> > leaves in a new newsgroup...
> > I've leafnode 1.9.2
>
> The attached patch by Holger Repp allows for an additional parameter
> in the /etc/leafnode/config file which is the pathname for another
> default message. The reason I am not willing to put this into the
> nntpd.c is simply that (a) you don't get any groupname-dependent
> information out of this, and (b) I cannot see that it is meaningful.
>
> The patch is for leafnode 1.9.2.

I would prefer to see just to allow us to a ppend to the default file
instead of chnaging it to a completely different file. Useful information
that comes to mind to append to the file would be the Times the server
connects to send and recieve news. Contact email address This is why I
prefer an append instead of a rewrite...

TIA