Re: [leafnode-list] default leafnode message in newsgroup

Cornelius Krasel wrote:

> Enrico Luciano wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >         I want to change the welcome/default message that leafnode
> > leaves in a new newsgroup...
> > I've leafnode 1.9.2
>
> The attached patch by Holger Repp allows for an additional parameter
> in the /etc/leafnode/config file which is the pathname for another
> default message. The reason I am not willing to put this into the
> nntpd.c is simply that (a) you don't get any groupname-dependent
> information out of this, and (b) I cannot see that it is meaningful.

[cut]

Hi Cornelius,
	I think that this is a very useful thing to add in the new version
because it will let newsmasters to (a) localize the message (b) add
information as scheduled times for upstream server fetch (c) etc...,
helping news users to better understand how Leafnode really works. It's
simple, it's useful.. why not?

I'll appreciate if you'll add this feature in future releases of
Leafnode.

TIA,
							[Enrico]