Re: [leafnode-list] error: nntp/tpc Looping...

Enrico Luciano wrote:

> 	I receive this errore when a Netscape user uses the "Go Offline" option
> in his newsreacer (netscape):
>
> 	Jun 25 14:42:36 hornet inetd[120]: nntp/tcp server failing (looping),
> service terminated
>
> What it means?

It means that a client (probably Netscape) connects frequently to the
NNTP port. The inetd assumes that this is a result of a faulty program
or an attempted attack and terminates that port.

> how can I stop this error?

Don't use Netscape. It's crap.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */