Re: [leafnode-list] Does fetch have an auto-resume capabibily?

> Cornelius Krasel wrote:
>>
>> Enrico Luciano wrote:
>>
>> > if I start fetch and the I stop it after some minutes (say kill it)
>> > what it will happen the next time I restart fetch?
>>
>> It will initiate a completely new session. That is, articles that have
>> not been fetched yet will be fetched. Dependent on how you killed fetch,
>> there may be some administrative overhead, but not much.
>>
>> If you must kill fetch, it is advisable to do this by sending it
>> SIGINT. fetch will then do some cleanup before it exits.
>>
>> --Cornelius.
>>

> ..so if I start fetch as usual and I stop it (intentionally with a
> SIGHUP signal) after 1 hour and after I restart it after other 2 hours
> it will work this way?
>
>  1. Fetch starts downloading new groups
>  2. fetch is killed with SIGHUP, so it saves already fetched arcticles
> and closes al the opened files in a correct way
>
>  3. fetch is restarted after a while and it starts downloading NEW
> articles (not the same downloaded in point 1) an goes on until a SIGUP
> or until it ends.
>
> Tell me if this is correct. (Please Cornelius...)
>
> I want to spread the fetch action during the day in this fashion:
>   06:00am   a complete fetch action
>   from 9am to 18 am  some fetch session 30minutes long (just new
> articles)

Fetch only takes me 3-4 minutes to download new messages in about 70
newsgroups, from 3 different servers.  How come it is taking you so long to
download new messages.  I run fetch every hour, that would of course make it
not run as long, but still, 30 minutes seems like a long time to run.