Re: [leafnode-list] Feature request.

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:04:35 -0500 (CDT), hai scritto:

>On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Giulio Orsero <giulioo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In a newsgroup I saw a post in which someone suggested to a "suck"
>> user to put "...-C 100 in get-news.."  in order to bypass the

>Um, that seems like an abuse of sorts, to try to deliberately
>circumvent their policies (and since it's their feed, they have every
>right to set such conditions as they like).  Can you lobby the ISP to
>reduce the slowdown?

No, I can't lobby.
The problem is that it seems that INN comes with that limit by default, if you
don't edit the Makefile or compile time config it builds with that limit. So
my ISP could have compiled it or took one already compiled without even
knowing about this.
There's no way I can convince them to change anything, and I'm forced to stay
with this ISP because I live in an area where it's the only one to offfer
"local call" access (in Italy we pay phone calls very much).
Other "public" newservers are slow and don't carry all the it.* newsgroups.