Re: [leafnode-list] Bandwidth limiter for fetch downloads?

Cornelius Krasel <krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

: The next major version increase of fetchnews will hopefully do this
: (and possibly also parallelize getting news, although I've heard that
: some providers don't like this at all and drop the connection when
: they detect it).

This is true, most of the major news providers put a limit on the number
of simultaneous connections they'll accept from the same IP.  For each
of the various news servers I set up, I typically put a limit of three
connections per IP to stop abuse.

So, if you're planing on doing something like this, you should
definitely insure that the number connections can be easily controlled
and configured.