[leafnode-list] Updating active problems

I am having troubble with leafnode not updating the active file that is
used for users logging in. I see that new messages are being downloaded
but the only way for my newsreader to see them is to fetch -f and that
is not always the fix. I usually use xemacs/gnus but have tried a
couple of others to make sure it is leafnode and not my reader. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Robert Sheskin
bob115@xxxxxxxxxx