Re: [leafnode-list] Updating active problems

bob115@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am having troubble with leafnode not updating the active file that
> is
> used for users logging in. I see that new messages are being
> downloaded
> but the only way for my newsreader to see them is to fetch -f and that
> is not always the fix.

Which version do you use? Versions prior to 1.9 (IIRC) are known to be
killed by the end pppd or sudo if fetch is called from ip-up or with
sudo before the new active file was written. Running texpire after fetch
also causes a new active file to be written.

HTH,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune Cookie of the day:
Never be led astray onto the path of virtue.