Re: [leafnode-list] problems with fetch...

> Hello...
>
> I'm new to the list so forgive me with starting right off with a cry for
> help...
>
> I just upgraded my linux install to RH 6.0... and installed the leafnode RPM.
> I edited the /etc/leafnode/config file to point it to my upstream mail server
> and rebooted.  When I run fetch -vvvvv  :)  (as root) it IMMEDIATELY replies
> that failed to connect to the server.
>
> When I look in the /var/log/messages file it reports that is can't create a
> lock file.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Russ

I solved my own problems... the lockfile issue was resolved automatically with 1.9.3.  But it still couldn't reach the news server.  It turned out that user "news" was not a member of the "ppp" group and therefore couldn't read the /etc/resolv.conf file!!  Silly problem... but it took  a while to find it.

By default it only downloaded a handful of the articles that I _know_ the server is holding... I didn't have a maxfetch set... so I'm kinda at a loss for why I didn't get more.  I have to search through the config file for clues.  Is there any special constrait on the FIRST fetch of actual news articles?

Thanks,
Russ