Re: [leafnode-list] how to run fetch parallel ?

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 03:45:51PM -0400, Russell J. Romano wrote:

> Would this actually speed anything up?  You are still pushing x bytes of data through a single connection...

fetch doesn't saturate the connection - it issues a command, waits for a
response, issues a command and so on.  This means that in between
getting a response and the remote server processing the command the
downlink is pretty much idle.  Preloading commands can eliminate a lot
of this delay.

[This hasn't been implemented while I wasn't looking has, it?]

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/