Re: [leafnode-list] how to run fetch parallel ?

Russell J. Romano <rromano@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Would this actually speed anything up?  You are still pushing x bytes of
data through a single connection...

I  think it would, if you are not being bound by your own modem
connection.  My own traffic pattern:  I can usually get 500-800
bytes/sec from my ISP in Dallas.  However, there are multi-second
periods where no data is coming through at all -- congestion on
the US-China link, maybe?  But if I run several connections (such
as FTP downloads) I can get combined bandwidth up to my modem
speed.

Another thing that would be nice about multiple sessions:  You
could start a normal "download all news" session, but download
a particularly interesting group as the other groups are coming
in.

Mark.