Re: [leafnode-list] texpire causes network activity?

Mark Brown wrote:

> It may be caused not by texpire but by something that happens after
> texpire has run - for example, if the output from texpire is mailed
> instead of /dev/nulled then it is likely that the MTA will be doing
> reverse DNS lookups at some point (particularly if it is sendmail).
> How exactly is texpire invoked from cron?

Yep, that was it.  The output of texpire is indeed mailed by sendmail.
On my system it seems sending local mail messages generates the lookup
that triggers diald. I was able to reproduce the problem.  Thanks for
the help.

Off to tweak my sendmail settings...

George Lane
Atlanta