Re: [leafnode-list] data type "int" and article numbers in leafnode -

[...]
>It would require a more careful rewriting of major parts of the code,
>so I suggest considering putting these three lines into leafnode.h:
>
>#if ~0u < 0xfffffffflu
>#error "leafnode does not compile with int less than 32 bits"
>#endif
[...]

This won't help --- I've met C preprocessors that did 64-bit arithmetic even
on 32-bit systems.

If you want to do this sort of test, the place for it is in the configure script.

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ Q: What's the difference between the US
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+