Re: [leafnode-list] Question regarding authentification

* David Given (dg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) [1999-07-22 15:02]:
> >I assume that it wouldn't be a major fuss to include checkpassword into
> >the leafnode distribution because it is free. I could still check with
> >Dan Bernstein first, just to be sure. Of course configure.in would have
> >to be tweaked so that an already existing checkpassword would not be
> >overwritten.
>
> Aren't there already yp services for doing this?

That would require running a yp server just for the sake of password
checking. Since NNTP does not usually depend on yp, and leaf sites do
not normally need yp either, this would impose an unnecessary
dependency on yp on the user's setup.