Re: [leafnode-list] suggestion for next version....

Russ rote:
> Perl can not (easily) run a program like fetchnews and then
> continue on to the next line of code.  It waits until the program
> is done running.  I should probably just convert the scripts to bash!

(Please hit Enter / Return every 72 characters or so to prevent
weird line wraps on readers that don't wrap automatically.)

Wouldn't
    system("fetch -vvvv &");
work just as well in Perl as in bash?  Except for not necessarily
knowing the process ID of the child, I suspect.  Doesn't
    if (($kidpid = fork()) == 0) {
        # child
        exec("fetch -vvvv");
        die "$0: cannot exec fetch!, ";
    }
    # parent
work for that?  That's off the top of my head; I don't have a manual
to hand to check.

--
                    *** NEW PERSONAL ADDRESS ***
Tim McDaniel is tmcd@xxxxxxxx; if that fail,