Re: [leafnode-list] Can leafnode handle moderated groups?

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 07:41:37PM +0100, David Marsh wrote:

> I'd like to know if leafnode can handle moderated newsgroups?

Yes.

> I'd like to post to the uk.telecom.moderated newsgroup, but when I tried to
> do so, the posting failed, with the error

>  441 Posting Failed (Couldn't invoke mailer for Moderated Group)

> Spookily enough, some other users of my ISP have also reported
> similar errors (Windozers using different newsreaders, ie, not leafnode
> users!) recently, which rather makes me suspect that the problem may be at
> my ISP's end, and not with leafnode, but I'd just like to check!

It is indeed an upstream server error.  Leafnode treats all newsgroups
alike and just passes postings to the upstream news server like a normal
news client.  It's the upstream server's responsibility to deal with
moderation and suchlike.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/