Re: [leafnode-list] Format of filterfile entries?

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 10:45:57PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> You will probably want to go for Newsgroups:.*uk\.misc.*

> > If there were a newsgroup uk.misc.boring (for example), would the above
> > rule also match that group?  If I didn't want the rule to also match
> > uk.misc.boring, how would I exclude it from the rule?

> That's quite difficult. Don't know.

Wouldn't something like

  Newsgroups:.*uk\.misc *(,.*|)

do the trick (match on uk.misc followed by 0 or more spaces and either
a comma and possibly more text or nothing)?

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/