Re: [leafnode-list] Filtering revisited.

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Cornelius Krasel
<krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Newsgroups: [newsgroups glob]
> Regex: [some arbitrary regex]

I advocate only having one syntax:
    Newsgroups: [some arbitrary regex]
    Regex: [some arbitrary regex]
Less code, less to learn, regexen are more powerful, et cetera.

> Action: kill|keep|[number]

I've never used a scoring newsreader, so I don't know how they work.
How would scoring for fetch work?  As I heard how it's used with
newsreaders, articles are presented in order of decreasing score, but
you see all the articles.  For fetching, that would mean that all the
articles would be fetched anyway.  I must misunderstand -- would only
articles with score >= 0 be fetched?

--
                   *** NEW HOME E-MAIL ADDRESS ***
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd@xxxxxxxx;