Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.5?

Matthias Andree wrote:

> krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:
>
> > Well, if trying to release an 1.9.5 at the end of this month -- which
> > features should be added? So far, I have come up with the following
> > ones:
>
> Why do you want new features?

Actually that was a bad choice of words. I don't want to add features
in 1.9.5, I'd rather like to fix bugs :-) So the question should probably
have been reworded as to which bugs I have overlooked in the list I
gave.

> > nntpd.c:
> > - Empty lines on input are ignored (less problems with netscape).
>
> Ah, this looks like a déjà vu in my mail. Did Eric Wick report this?

Yep.

> (Netscape should be provided with proper "500 not understood" messages
> anyhow if it makes such noise).

Netscape cannot handle those 500 messages properly. Therefore I'll choose to
simply ignore empty lines (leafnode <= 1.9.2 did this as well, and INN also
does so; bad idea of mine to make error checking more stringent...).

> for all those who have joined recently, the fix can be found at
> http://129.217.163.1/~ma/ and ftp://129.217.163.1/pub/people/ma/

Thanks - I would have needed quite some time to look up the URL :-)

> 1.9.4 did however show the "corrected... lines in ..." when updating its
> overview files. It has been mistaken by people as "leafnode trashes its
> files and now logs that it has been fixing them".

I'll change this to "updated" and it will be logged to LOG_DEBUG instead
of LOG_INFO. (The xoverutil.c has been rewritten quite a lot for 2.0,
so you will see other interesting bugs. The rewrite finally allows
Leafnode to copy with very different article numbers. Now I have only
to teach texpire to use this :-)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */