Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.5 update

Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 10:21:29PM +0100, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
>
> > INSTALL:7: added information about SuSE --prefix=/usr
>
> Presumably this applies to any distribution - it's extremely unusual for
> any packaged program to install in /usr/local, and other than /usr /opt
> is the only fairly standard thing (and that's not widely used).

True. We should change it to something like:

"Remember that when you are doing in-place updates of a leafnode version
that had been previously installed by the vendor, you need to add
--prefix=/usr or --prefix=/opt to the configure invokation, whichever
you need, depends on your software."

Oh, and while we're add it, is there a good native speaker that can
confirm/object to the comma between "need" and "depends" in the last
line? I'm not sure.

Other comments welcome as well.

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!