Re: Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.5 update

Hi,

<< snip >>

> The comma is OK, but it makes the sentence sound a little bit
> ungraceful.
> "depends" should be "depending".  Since the two phrases mean the same
> thing (emphasizing the original location), you could rewrite to
> eliminate the comma altogether, something like:
>
> "Remember that when you are updating a previously installed version of
> leafnode, you need to configure the new version of leafnode to overwrite
> the old version.  You do this with the "configure --prefix" option.
> For example, if leafnode had been previously installed in /opt, you
> would configure leafnode with the command "./configure --prefix=/opt".

Excellent, this makes perfect sense to me, a native english speaker who's
only installed Leafnode once, without any knowledge of the context.

--
Nick Drage - who uses Slackware, Pine, tin and Leafnode
at home so he's not another web-mail luser, honest.

Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net