Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.5 update

Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'd be tempted to change it to a recommendation to deinstall the package
> and install in /usr/local.  Certainly, installing over the top of the
> Debian package won't work - the config files are in /etc/news/leafnode.

A thought about deinstalling the package as well, but you never know who
writes your pre/post-(de)install scripts and it would cause the user
quite some time to refetch his /var/spool/news that the deinstallation
may have eradicated.

Of course, deinstalling the package and installing the update to
/usr/local is the preferred behaviour. If the vendors have updates
quickly, that would be even better, but you know how long it sometimes
takes to get new versions into a distribution.

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!