Re: [leafnode-list] Problems with the latest tin?

Jeff Grossman wrote:

> If it is a problem with Leafnode, why is Tin providing a fix?

I don't know. After having read up on this, I don't think anymore that
it is a bug in Leafnode. It is just that Leafnode can behave differently
from other newsservers (like INN and Diablo which seems to be what the
tin team is using most), and therefore some assumptions made in the tin
code failed. It's something that happens probably quite often if you
program part of a client-server system.

A quick workaround should BTW be that you subscribe to a group, then
quit tin and re-start it. You should then get the subscribed group and
its pseudoarticle. (Disclaimer: I have not tried this.)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */