Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode-1.9.5b2

"Jeff Grossman" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I just got the following warning when running make from a Redhat 6.1 system:
>
> /fetchnews.c: In function `nntpactive':
> /fetchnews.c:1062: warning: `%y' yields only last 2 digits of year

Check against RFC977, it demands that the year is put there with 2
digits, while also regarding Y2k issues:

Quote RFC 977, section on NEWGROUPS:

|  The date is sent as 6 digits in the format YYMMDD, where YY is the
|  last two digits of the year, MM is the two digits of the month (with
|  leading zero, if appropriate), and DD is the day of the month (with
|  leading zero, if appropriate).  The closest century is assumed as
|  part of the year (i.e., 86 specifies 1986, 30 specifies 2030, 99 is
|  1999, 00 is 2000).

So, the warning is correct. Maybe the Makefile should state something
like "expect one warning in nntpactive about the year format".

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!