Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode-1.9.5b2

Matthias Andree wrote:

> krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:
> > Yes, I think so. Good that it also happens on HP/UX, because I have access
> > to one :-) (st.st_size is defined as off_t; unfortunately it is not at
> > all clear without parsing the config files whether off_t is long or not.
> > I guessed it is, but it probably depends on the file system.)
>
> Is this going to trap 64 bit machines? off_t being long long or
> something?

I just tried to compile this on our HP/UX. It requires an inclusion of
<sys/types.h> before using <sys/stat.h> if I interpret the manpage
correctly. sys/types.h defines off_t as

#  ifndef _OFF_T
#    define _OFF_T
#    ifdef _FILE64
        typedef int64_t off_t;          /* For 64-bit offsets and sizes */
#    else
        typedef int32_t off_t;          /* For 32-bit offsets and sizes */
#    endif /* _FILE64 */
#  endif /* _OFF_T */

which I think is not exactly helpful, especially because I don't know what
sets _FILE64. In any case, when I tried to compile newsq.c I could make
the warning vanish by changing line 45 to

                printf("%s: %8u bytes, spooled %s\tFrom: %-.66s\n"
                            ^^^
(i.e. unsigned instead of long unsigned). However, now Linux barfed, and
therefore I preferred to leave it as long unsigned. Is there any way
one could fix this with autoconf? (Compiler *errors* I know to fix,
but compiler *warnings*?)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */