Re: [leafnode-list] Newsq problems on FreeBSD

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 11:38:10AM +0100, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> Here is the output of the make concerning newsq:
>
> /newsq.c: In function `main':
> /newsq.c:50: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 3)

Same as on HP/UX.

> Here is what the outpu looks like when you run newsq:
>
> insane-the> ./newsq
> 25671-943312396-1:      608 bytes, spooled (null)       From: Mon Nov 22 15:13:16 1999
>
>         Ngrp: insane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ron Rosson)
>         Subj: sdnet.test
>
> ----- End of forwarded message from Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson -----
>
> What strikes me as particularly odd is the odd reference to a nullpointer

This is arcane, to say the least. A patch which remedies the warning on
HP/UX is attached (as suggested by Mathias Andree). However, newsq works
on HP/UX, even without this patch.
	Ron, could you test, if this patch gives you a working newsq? If
not, could you please compile with -pedantic and tell us what the output
is. It also could be helpful to know which compiler you are using; are
you sure you have the appropriate binutils (if gcc)? Could you also
compile without -O flags? Is there a bug list for your libc?
	Any other suggestions?

Happy thanksgiving,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
"The sixties were good to you, weren't they?"