[leafnode-list] groups always listed as new

Sigh,

Further to my earlier problems ( now using a manually patched leafnode
1.9.4 )  newsgroups are now always being listed as new.  I start up tin
and it talks to leafnode and lists all the groups as new, I quit and start
it up again, and all the groups are once again listed as new.  I can't
seem to work out how to stop them being reported as new, dispite manually
playing about with my groupinfo and .newsrc files.

However if I telnet localhost 119 and "newgroups" I don't get any of them
back.

*Any* help *whatsoever* appreciated, at this point if I have to manually
change the entry for 25,000 groups I'll do it :)

--
Nick Drage, helping fill up the internet since 1993.

"All bow before Satan
 Prince of Night I summon you
 Come fill me with your black, naughty evil"
Willow - Buffy the Vampire Slayer