Re: [leafnode-list] groups always listed as new

Hi,

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 tmcd@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Nick Drage <nick-drage@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Further to my earlier problems ( now using a manually patched
> > leafnode 1.9.4 ) newsgroups are now always being listed as new.
>
> I assume there's some reason why you haven't downloaded and installed
> the latest, 1.9.7.  If you stated it before, I'm sorry that I don't
> recall.

I think that I was worried about fetchnews behaviour in 1.9.7, anyway I've
upgraded now and the problem is still the same, all groups are reported as
new, though also as before if I "telnet localhost 119" and "newgroups" I
don't get any back.

I can get around the problem for now with "rtin -q" ( don't look for new
groups ) but it's a dodgy workaround, so any tips welcome.  Thanks :)

--
Nick Drage, helping fill up the internet since 1993.

Revenge, like cheesecake, is best served cold.