Re: [leafnode-list] Groupinfo file possibly truncated or damaged: 0

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:11:45 +0100 (CET), hai scritto:

>there is no newsgroup. Therefore, if your groupinfo file is otherwise fine,
>then delete this line manually with a text editor, and the error message
I delete the first line, the errors about "truncated or damaged"
disappears; the other one about disk full persists.

>> error writing groupinfo file (disk full?)"
>With "fetchnews -f" you don't get this, I assume.
If I do
fetchnews -f
the sessions completes without that error, the following ones have the
error (disk full).

>You get this message if the new groupinfo file is significantly shorter
>than the old one. IIRC your last message to the list, this is indeed
>the case (i.e. "groupinfo.new" is much shorter than "groupinfo"). You
>should try to investigate whether groupinfo.new is complete. If this
>is the case, then issue the following commands as user "news" or "root":
>
>cd /var/spool/news/leaf.node
>mv -f groupinfo.new groupinfo

I have groupinfo and groupinfo.old, but not groupinfo.new.
They are almost the same size now.

$ ls -l /var/spool/news/leaf.node/
total 1549
-rw-r--r--   1 news     news       788186 Jan  4 03:10 groupinfo
-rw-r--r--   1 news     news       788182 Jan  3 20:28 groupinfo.old
-rw-rw-r--   1 news     news          504 Jan  4 10:45 news.tin.it

Starting with this situation I did:
1) fetchnews -f  <no errors>
and then the newsreader could receive all the articles that leafnode had
downloaded in the past sessions; I had the error about the "Groupinfo
file possibly truncated or damaged:  0 1 0 -x-" so I deleted the first
line of the new groupinfo.
2)  fetchnews  <error disk full>
the newsreader cannot receive new articles.

Now I have:
-rw-rw-r--   1 news     news       788178 Jan  4 11:19 groupinfo
-rw-r--r--   1 news     news       788182 Jan  3 20:28 groupinfo.old
-rw-rw-r--   1 news     news          504 Jan  4 11:18 news.tin.it

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx